Wednesday, October 10, 2012

TUTORIAL: Sunflowers with my NEW Practice Hand!

Late tonight I got my practice hand in the mail. (=



As I said previously, this hand will be bringing more tutorials to everyone! I no longer have to wait for my nails to get chipped to do a tutorial. (=

Sunflower Nails



Supplies: OPI--I Brake for Manicures
Stripe Rite--yellow
Pure Ice--Magic
Stripe Rite--white
Essie--Blanc
Kiss Nail Art Paint--black

Step 1:
Apply base coat if you'd like.
Two coats of OPI in I Brake for Manicures.

Step 2:
Using the yellow Stripe Rite, Make the petals in a lower corner of the nail.
These petals are sort of a rounded triangle.
Be sure to leave space for the center of the flower.

Step 3:
Using the Pure Ice in Magic, paint the center of the flower. 
(Sorry for the glare. I took this picture several times. Each time there was a glare!)

Step 4:
Use the white Stripe Rite to make the lines that come out from in between the petals. 
They sort of curve down slightly.

Step 5:
The only reason that I didn't use the white Stripe Rite here is that the bigger bottles of polish drip easier.
Using Essie in Blanc, put a drop on a scrap piece of paper. Dip in your SMALLEST dotting tool and place two white dots below each line.
Also place a few random dots in the center of the flower.
It is okay if the dots in the center overlap a bit. It is completely random.

Step 6:
Using the Kiss Nail Art Paint, I was able to use this instead of a big polish bottle because it is thin and runny, place a drop on the scrap paper and use the SMALLEST dotting tool again.
Place the dots in the center of the flower.
Again, it is okay to overlap.


Step 7:
Top Coat!!
Seche Vite is my favorite.

Hope you enjoyed this tutorial. I was super excited to do this. This design did not take long at all. 
I'll always take requests on what my readers would like to see!
Paint on!
Felicia












No comments:

Post a Comment